- Your Privacy
- How JUST Prepaid Mobile may use your Personal Information
- Sharing your Personal Information
- Reporting to Credit Agencies
- Security of your Personal Information
- How to access your Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
Commoditel (Australia) Pty. Ltd. ACN 105 982 027 ("JUST Prepaid Mobile") is committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard our customers' personal information.
JUST Prepaid Mobile, like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
JUST Prepaid Mobile's policy on the collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below:
What Personal Information does JUST Prepaid Mobile collect and why?
JUST Prepaid Mobile collects personal information about you in order to provide personalised mobile telecommunications and information services.
The personal information you provide to JUST Prepaid Mobile will enhance the products and services that we offer you. The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location and duration of calls, messages or other mobile communications, the numbers you call and how much you spend, and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites), and personal preferences. This information helps us develop products and services to suit your needs.
How JUST Prepaid Mobile may use your Personal Information
The personal information you provide JUST Prepaid Mobile may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- processing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- Administering your account;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- contacting you about our companies' products and services;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. For example, we may use your personal information to keep you informed about features of our telecommunications services or conducting analysis in order to provide better service to you. To opt-out of receiving certain JUST Prepaid Mobile marketing materials, please contact JUST Prepaid Mobile via email either through our website justmobile.com.au or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that JUST Prepaid Mobile will still need to send you essential information about your account or changes to your service.
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
Sharing your Personal Information
JUST Prepaid Mobile may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
- our service and content providers, dealers and agents, for purposes that are related to providing you with a telecommunications service which would be reasonably expected.
Unless you consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties, other than those who have contracted with JUST Prepaid Mobile to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
Reporting to Credit Agencies
Notice of disclosure of your credit information to a credit reporting agency (Privacy Act 1988).
JUST Prepaid Mobile may give information about you to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to obtain a consumer credit report about you, and/or;
- to allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about you.
The information is limited to:
- Identity particulars - your name, sex, address (and the previous two addresses), date of birth, name of employer, and driver's license number;
- your application for credit or commercial credit - the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount;
- the fact that JUST Prepaid Mobile is a current credit provider to you;
- loan payments which are overdue by more than 60 days, and for which debt collection action has started;
- advice that your loan payments are no longer overdue in respect of any default that has been listed;
- information that, in the opinion of JUST Prepaid Mobile you have committed a serious credit infringement (that is, fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with your credit obligations);
- that credit provided to you by JUST Prepaid Mobile has been paid or otherwise discharged.
This information may be given before, during or after the provision of credit to you.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access your Personal Information
Upon your request, JUST Prepaid Mobile will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
Upon your request, JUST Prepaid Mobile will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
How to contact us
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Customer Care via email, either through our website justmobile.com.au or directly to email@example.com.